Now, I know you are probably still munching on candy from Monday night, but I just had to share this delicious recipe with you. Are you ready for pecan pie mini muffins? Yep. You read that correctly. Pecan. Pie. Mini. Muffins.
My Half-Mom (Oh, I guess I should explain. We don’t like term Step-Mother, Cinderella ruined it), Doris, made these for us while we were down at the Farm this past weekend. I can’t describe how good they made the house smell, and they tasted like a little piece of heaven in your mouth.
As soon as I got home, I asked her to email me the recipe so that I could share it with y’all.
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs, beaten
** You will need a mini muffin pan for these
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour 24 mini muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
- In a medium bowl, stir together brown sugar, flour and pecans. In a separate bowl beat the butter and eggs together until smooth, stir into the dry ingredients just until combined. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups. Cups should be about 2/3 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 20 to 25 minutes. Cool on wire racks when done.
I made them on Monday night for Hubs and I to take some to work… and maybe for us to snack on at home too. They turned out just like Doris’. They were awesome. I really wish that I had some vanilla ice cream to go with them. That’s the only thing that could make them better.
Warning: They are in no way healthy for you. In fact, I need to go run right now – just for thinking about them again. BUT they are mini, so that makes you feel better about eating them, at least that’s what I am going to keep telling myself.
Hope you have a great day. Talk soon, Friends!