Hi friends! Happy Thursday!
Slowly but surely, our Master Bathroom is coming together. Today, I don't have a HUGE update, but rather a small one. But, It's amazing how the small things seem to make such a big difference. This week we changed out our 1980's massage shower head to a much more updated one. I am so super proud of it and am finding it even harder to get out of the shower in the mornings.
I hate that we forgot to take a "before shot," so Hubs decided to just hold it up for dramatic purposes. Ha... love that he humors me. I almost ashamed to admit that I have been showering with this thing for over three years.
YAY for a new, modern shower head!
OMG, such a difference - at least it is to us!
We got a new shower curtain too. I really love the fact that it's almost the exactly the
same color as the paint on the walls, and I am always a sucker for anything star burst related.
I am so thankful to have a functioning bathroom again. Woo hoo!
Do you remember what this bathroom looked like before? Here is a reminder...
Thank goodness it no longer looks like that!
As you can tell, we have done a great deal to this bathroom. Here is a list of things we have done so far:
- Ripped out carpet
- Demolished old vanity and sink (so fun)
- Removed and replaced toilet
- Removed and replaced builder grade mirror
- Refinished old dresser and retrofitted it for new vanity
- Added new sink and faucet (thanks hubs)
- Laid new tile floor
- Demolished old fluorescent light soffit
- Repaired dry wall from old soffit
- Sand down textured walls
- Added new lighting
- Tiled the shower
- Added beadboard and chair rail around the room
- Painted the room twice (ha!)
- Added beadboard to ceiling
- Added crown moulding, corbels, and base moulding to the room
- Made cornice and installed cornice board
- Installed new shower head
We still have to get the tub glazed, find new rugs, add a towel rack, and find some art... but we are so close to calling this room complete. I can't wait to be totally done.
I am so thankful that tomorrow is Friday. This has been the longest week ever! Hope you all have a great weekend!